Teen Of the Week (TOW) #2

13:44:00 Unknown 2 Comments

Hello Teens,


I'm sorry for not having posted for so long. I've been having network problems, but it's all fixed now so we can continue having a good time. So, once again I had an interview with one of the readers of this blog who was nominated the TOW #2. I would say she is a rare mix of beauty, brains, and body. I hope you'll get to enjoy her as much as I did while chatting with her. So here's how it all went down...



Good day! What's your name? 
Hello! I'm Elizabeth Kitange.

What's your nationality?
I'm Tanzanian. I was born in Moshi, Kilimanjaro but I now live in Dar es Salaam.

Wow! That's cool. So we have a Kilimanjaro teen here. How old are you, please?
(Laughs) I'm 18 now.

That's nice. So what are you passionate about? What things interest you? 
I'm passionate about economic development in Africa. I believe that it's one of the ways among others that Africa could become developed to its fullest potentials. I'm also interested in diplomacy and the UN. I'm a really big fan and I'm really passionate about how Model United Nations can help shape and create Africa's young leaders.

Wooh! That's quite some passion. Lemme guess, you are aspiring to someday lead the World Bank Group, right?
I'm not sure about that yet. The world is full of opportunities and making a decision right now would just limit the rest from showing up. You never know; after a year or so I could change and be passionate about education and improving the educational curriculum in Africa.

That would also be nice. So you've been following my blog, The Teenager, you must have read a few articles. So tell me, which did you like the most, which did you like the least, and why?
Out of all of them, I liked "WHY DO TEENS BEHAVE THE WAY THEY DO? What science has to say." It has a very interesting TED talk and is something I'd show my parents; but thank God that gave me a good whooping not to need to watch it because it contained everything I needed to know. I'm not sure I liked any the least.

Oh! That's nice. Thanks for that feedback! I've noted everything you've said so far. So what's the next step you're taking towards your education? What are you majoring in?
Well, I'm an enrolled student of the African Leadership University and I'll be majoring in African Economics or Politics. I'm yet to choose because all the courses they offer are so exciting!

(Laughs) I understand. So tell me, apart from academics, what other stuff do you excel in?
I'm in love with MUN. I'm currently the Assistant Director of Africa for THIMUN OMUN (the only online Model UN platform for youth all over the globe). I play the piano and I love reading. I can be more of an introvert so I love living in my own little bubble and do things people normally could do alone. Through the IBDP program, I've started loving charity work and volunteering. 

Wow! That's really great! So tell me, what are the current strengths of my blog and what areas need improvement? 
Your current strengths would be the way you speak in your blog posts. It's not formal, but is rather the same way as you would speak if you spoke to someone in person. Since it's a blog for teens, many could find a relation to your words simply by the way you echo them.
I wouldn't be able to say much on a weakness, but an advice.Make things more spicy: you could make talk-shows on SoundCloud, videos or one post a day would do as well. 

Wow! Thank you so much, Liz that's some great commendation. As for the videos and talkshows, I love that idea. I think I'll start doing those. I have a feeling that followers of this blog would enjoy that immensely. So as our Teen Of the Week, you are expected to make people know more about this blog. How do you plan to do that, Liz?
Teens these days are all over the web. That's the simplest and (mostly) cheapest way to do it. I would make more people know more about this blog through Instagram, Facebook. Twitter, and other social media platforms that I'm signed up to. 

Okay, that's great Liz! So if you could give a personal message to teenagers who are reading this right now, what would you tell them? Anything at all.
I would tell them that every person has his own ambition. None of these ambitions are easy, no matter how small you see it. There will be people trying to put you down, make you look bad - either out of jealousy or just to keep themselves higher than you. No matter how hard it is, keep doing what you do and do it the best way you know. You never know what steps on your doormat. Do YOU and do you good!

Wow, that's good! I think they'll love you for this piece of advice. So thank you very much for your time. I really enjoyed every moment of this interview. We hope to hear more about your exploits. Enjoy your reign as our TOW #2!
Thank you! I absolutely loved it too. I look forward to more of your blog!


So that's how the interview went. I hope you enjoyed it. If you want to find out more about Elizabeth Kitange, or contact her personally, Click here!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice to know about Elizabeth more. Use to have a crush on her. Dont know what happened to the 'crush' lol.
Wish there was a Adult form of this.

Unknown said...

Nice to know about Elizabeth more. Use to have a crush on her. Dont know what happened to the 'crush' lol.
Wish there was a Adult form of this.